Game Day Internship
The London Lightning Basketball Club is looking for enthusiastic, driven, and dedicated individuals that are looking to break into the sport business world.
The successful candidate will improve their skills, have the opportunity to develop and execute their own ideas, create contacts in the sports industry, and experience a professional sports setting.
Job Title: London Lightning Game Day Intern
Reports to: Riley Harbour, Sales and Marketing Coordinator
Internship Length: November 2018 – April 2019
Description of Organization
The London Lightning are the winningest team in NBL Canada history. Being around since the league began; the Lightning became the inaugural champions and are coming off of their fourth championship title in seven years. Becoming the premier team in the league, London sets the bar high in all aspects. The Lightning have lead the league in attendance every season, averaging 5,500-6,000 fans per game.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in preparing, promoting, and implementing all game day promotions
- Assist marketing team in preparing for game day operations
- Promote London Lightning basketball as part of a marketing team within the facility (patron surveying, merchandise sales, etc.)
- Contribute to the overall quality of customer service to our season ticket holders, group sales patrons, and general fan base
- Assist with player autograph sessions
- Assist in preparing and implementing all game day activities
- Assist group sales by meeting and escorting various groups attending the game to their specific location in the building
- Working with media to promote London Lightning games, events, etc.
- Assist with client account management and relationship building
- Must be able to work weekdays, evenings, and weekends
- Strong work ethic
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills
The successful candidate will possess excellent communications skills along with a strong commitment level to the team. The ability to work evenings and weekends as assigned is extremely important for this position. Hours will vary over the course of the internship. No financial compensation is available for this position. Travel and housing arrangements are the responsibility of the students.
If you are interested in this tremendous hands-on learning experience in the sports industry, please send a resume to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: October 14, 2018 at 11:59pm
Only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.